Secret #001 || Unruly to Tameable | Bentonite Clay

10:43 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


When I say clay masks are the best, I mean it! I'm grooving to with clay movement, and it's all about healthy hair for me. Today's review is:

Bentonite Clay by Rise N' Shine

Purchased on Amazon 



I'm using this clay for my hair, and so far so good. It provides moisture to my hair and leaves it feeling soft and weightless. The clay comes nicely packed, but I wished it had a protective seal on it. The application wasn't as messy as I thought, so that's a plus aswell. I listed below what I did to make my clay mask.


When making a clay mask you want to use equal parts so (equal clay + equal liquid). For the liquid, you can use water, apple cider vinegar or Aloe Vera Juice. I used Aloe Vera Juice for the following purposes; Balances pH levels, dandruff reduction, a natural conditioner, helps with dry and itchy scalps and promotes hair growth. I'm starting on a week old twist out.


For the mask, you're going to need a medium sized bowl, a wooden or plastic spoon, a liquid, a measuring spoon and some oil of your choice(this is optional). You don't want to use a metal spoon because it causes some type of reaction with the clay.
First you want to have all your ingredients next to you, it helps the process move a lot smoother. I'm taking my measuring spoon (1/2 cup), and using my plastic spoon to pour the clay in it.


Next I'm taking my Aloe Vera Juice and pouring it into my 1/2 cup measuring spoon. Now, pour a few drops of your favorite oil into the mix and stir. I'm using JoJoba oil and Castor oil. The clay should be too thick now, so what you want to do is add another 1/2 cup of Aloe vera juice and stir again. Keep stirring, because it does take some time to get it smooth.



It's going to look clumpy but just keep stirring until you've got most of the clumps out. Before you apply this to your hair, DETANGLE IF NEEDED. I dampened my hair prior to applying the clay because it does go on a bit dry. After doing those 2 things, part your hair and apply the clay. I didn't use all of the clay, so instead of preserving it I threw the rest away. I left this on for half an hour to an hour. Be sure to massage you scalp and roots, because this stuff was hard to get out. After washing it out, I noticed that the clay defined my curls, and I was loving it. The clay left my hair feeling super moisturized and soft. I will continue doing this clay once every month.


I received this product at a discounted price in exchange for my completely honest and unbiased review.

This product is definitely a secret I'm not keeping, but releasing.