Secret #006 || Beautiful Hair || Connie Hair Review

8:48 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

This is my 1st time ever buying hair off of Amazon ( or in general). I must say I was surprised at how the hair looked and felt - it soft and silky. The wave that's in the product picture is a little deeper than the one I received, but that was ok with me.

Packaging:
When you open up the amazon box, you'll see a package with "Connie Hair" written on it and on the back is instructions on how to wash the hair. One thing they mention was to not use heat when drying the hair after washing or expose the hair to the sun when drying.

Washing:
After taking my hair out of the plastic packages, I went to wash it right away. I used the Creme of Nature shampoo and the tgin conditioner. When I tell you the hair was super soft, I've never felt hair like that before. I shampooed the hair twice to make sure it was extra clean - when I washed the hair the water starting turning another color (I can't remember the exact color, but it was probably brown) like it was washing away the dirt from hair or something. The hair does shed, not a lot, but it does shed.

When it was time to conditioner, I applied the tgin conditioner and let the sit on the hair for about 10 minutes a piece (way past the recommended time). Once I washed, the conditioner out the hair was back being soft and silky. Since it said not to use a blow dryer or hang the hair up when drying, I place the hair on a towel on the floor and turned the fan on. I'm not really sure about the drying time because I did the washing process at night and fell asleep.

Once morning came, the hair was still a bit damp but for the most part dry. Guys... the real waves come out after washing the hair - and they were looking good. I wasn't done proving to myself that this was human hair, so I took it up a step and decided to bleach the hair. Yes, I bleached the hair. I wanted to see if the hair was really 100% human hair, plus it was great practice before I bleached my own hair.

Bleaching:
For bleaching, I decided to do a nice blonde color - this is the color I decided to bleach my own hair. The product I used on the hair was the B2W bleaching powder, a 30 vol developer, shimmer lights purple shampoo, a 20 vol developer, and two wella toners. I decided against waiting another day to let the hair sit in some coconut oil, but I was too impatient and my Olaplex won't be here til Friday!

I didn't have any gloves so gosh did my hand itch with bleach on them. I mixed 5 scoops of the B2W powder with twice as much 30 vol developer. I mixed that in really good, I wanted to go for a creamy solution because it's easier for me to control. I decided against using foil and opted for some plastic saran wrap (which is safer btw)! I lather the bleach on the 10-inch hair front and back, making sure I got every strand of the hair coated (turns out I miss a few spots, you miss a lot without gloves).

I wrapped the hair in some saran wrap and let it sit for about 30 minutes. I rinsed the hair out, and didn't like the color because it was too dark, so I bleached again using the 20 vol developer. I let that sit in the hair for no longer than 10 minutes, when I washed that out the hair color was POPPING - like it was beautiful - but still not the color I had in mind.

Since the color wasn't what I wanted, I decided to shampoo it in some shimmer lights purple shampoo to tone the brassiness down. After rinsing that out, it was almost the shade I wanted it to be. So, I towel dried the hair and got my toners. Once it was towel dried, I went back to add the toners. I used two different toners, so I mixed them in two separate bowls. I mix them in with the 20 vol developer and let that sit until I was done combing the hair out.

I applied the lightest toner to the roots of the hair stopping almost above the middle section of the hair, then I applied the darkest toner at the bottom of the hair, and worked my way back up and applied it to all of the hair. I let that sit in for about 20 - 30 minutes. I rinsed it out and applied some more tgin conditioner, I couldn't tell if it was the color I like so I waited for it to dry. When I got up the next morning to look at the hair, I knew after almost 2 hours of bleaching and toning - this was the color I wanted. It was a nice mix of some blonde colors, and overall beautiful. I must say after the bleaching process; the hair did lose most of its wave. However, I liked the color and thought it was worth it. I provided a picture of the hair new coloring, and as you can tell I missed some spots, but I'll go back in and fix those later.

Overall Experience:
The hair is 100% human hair no doubt about that, it's soft and wavy and takes well to washing - meaning it's not hard after you wash it. The hair does shed, but not too much to the point of the hair thinning out. After bleaching the hair, it did lose some of its waves - but I expected that to happen. I'm not going to take off a star for the hair losing some of its waves after bleaching because I did use a high developer on it.

Overall, I'm happy with the outcome of the hair and Connie Hair is now a trusted brand to me. I now know that the hair I'm getting is 100% human hair.

I received this product at discounted price in exchange for my completely honest and unbiased review.